Q. Can I extend a book's rental life?
The book that I rent from the Ohlone library is due soon. But I still need the book for an assignment. I want to extend the rental life of this book. Can I?
You can renew a library book online twice, as long as it is not overdue.
- Go to the Ohlone College library online catalog search page
- Click on the "My Account" tab near the top of the page.
- Log in with your 7 digit student ID number and last name.
- This takes you to a screen showing all the materials you have checked out.
- Click on "Request Renewal"
As long as a book is not overdue, and no one else has placed a hold on the book, you should be able to renew the book for an additional 3 weeks online. If the book is already overdue, the system will not allow you to renew online. In that case, just call the library during open hours and we'll be happy to help.
By the way, we don't actually rent books. That is, we don't require a rental fee. As a library, we loan books, meaning you borrow them and agree to return them so other students can borrow them too.